Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Karate championships and Wordcamp Sydney

As the end of the year approaches life just gets busier. Fresh from going down to Melbourne the day before it was time to compete in the club's karate championships.


Alex did really well with golds in the pee wee open kumite and pee wee team blockers competitions and I got a silver in the over-35's kata, my only event.

Next day, his laser tag birthday party.


Then a week of panic as I tried to assemble my presentation for WordCamp Sydney on the Science of WordPress. I ended up writing most of it on Thursday and Friday, about 4,000 words. It was too long, but I think it went okay. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be!


The crowd seemed to be mainly non-technical, so the main benefit that I got was, I think, seeing the kind of information our internal customers receive from external agencies. There were a few other ideas related to client interactions and search as well that could prove useful.

Now back to the grind with more to come...


No comments:

Popular Posts