Friday, June 24, 2016

TV vs Tablet



I inadvertently performed a little test of consuming a television program via a television as compared with a tablet.

After catching up with the previous episode of the ABC's excellent series Cleverman on their iView app on my tablet I then watched the following episode "live" on a dumb television.

On iView I had constantly paused at the difficult bits, when I wanted more information about something or been interrupted. Now that wasn't possible - it was all in one go.

I quite enjoyed it, plus the 576i picture quality looked better on a 37" full HD screen at a distance than on a 10" 2K screen up close.

Didn't stop me from catching up on some Chaser's Election Desk on iView afterwards. The freedom of being able to watch things at your own convenience is great, but so is doing something free of distraction.


No comments:

Popular Posts