Friday, March 19, 2010

A funny thing happened on my way to childcare

I was walking along the footpath at the Riverside business park. There was one other person ahead of me, but otherwise we seemed to be the lone pedestrians. While sitting in the train between Epping and North Ryde stations I had read an article in The Big Issue about discrimination and was imagining completing a survey about my own biases. I decided that, were I an employer, I probably wouldn't discriminate on the basis of race or disability, but that I might have a hard time accepting somebody who belonged to an evangelical religion.

Suddenly, round the corner a lady appeared walking on the footpath in the opposite direction to me. She attempted to hand out a copy of Awake! magazine to me.

Awake! is published by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I had to laugh!

No comments:

Popular Posts