Friday, December 11, 2009

Hidden Linux everywhere

I used to run Linux on my computers, usually in preference to Windows. I still prefer Linux based servers to Windows, but these days I seem to spend most of my time in a desktop environment using the default version of Windows that was installed with my machine. Yet the usage of Linux in this house increases.

My Sony Vaio P mini notebook computer has a Linux Instant On mode that is really useful. The Sharp Zaurus 3100 PDA runs Linux, as does my Sony MyLO handheld media device. My Sony digital photo frame uses a Linux operating system and so does my Western Digital WorldBook network storage drive. Apparently our Sony DSC-T70 digital camera runs Linux. Even our Sharp LCD television runs Linux!

Sony has a list of their consumer devices that run Linux - it's quite surprising!

No comments:

Popular Posts