Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

Baby Alex dominated my life in 2009. From a tiny two month old to fourteen months the changes have been remarkable and the experience wonderful. However, I am yet to have a full night's sleep!

I did do many other things in 2009. January saw us pick up our new car, a red Mazda 6. I suggested that the best job in the world could end painfully and I was right, with the blogger getting stung by a jellyfish! Alex experienced his first art exhibitions with Degas in Canberra and Monet and the Impressionists in Sydney. I also joined the USB missile club, though I'm keeping my nuclear intentions secret at this stage.

February saw us planning a trip to Japan to view unknown gripped poop, but before we departed in March we first visited friends in the Blue Mountains with a robot lawnmower.

Alex's first overseas holiday was to Japan. He got sick, I cracked a tooth, but we still managed to have a fantastic time catching trains all the way south to Kagoshima. Then in April we took him, and our dog Kita, on another holiday, this time to the South of NSW over Easter.

Alex turned 6 months old in May.

It was my turn to travel in June, but this time all by myself. We had launched the new website using Plone and I was to attend a three day course on the technology. The thing was that the course was held in London. So I caught Qantas' giant A380 to Singapore, the 747's to London, Hong Kong and back home. In the process I rediscovered the magic of long distance flying.

Swimming lessons started for our little fish Alex in July and his first tooth appeared.

My June travels had made B envious, so we took advantage of cheap airfares to book a trip to Singapore and Malaysia in August and September, riding the Qantas A380. Alex handled the five flights really well and B drove for the first time in Malaysia.

We woke up on Mars on September 23 when the big dust storm struck Sydney. It was an amazing experience.

Alex began crawling in October, while I became a television star thanks to Catalyst. One of my brother-in-laws Cavalier King Charles spaniels, Monty, sadly passed away due to a consequence of his fine breeding. We also found a new home for ourselves.

In November Alex turned one, but B had to return to work, so I began working most of the week from home to look after him.

Finally, in December we sold our current house and we got a Playstation 3 at Christmas.

A pretty amazing year, especially considering the age of our baby. 2010, less than quarter of an hour away as I write this, is shaping up to be even busier.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Popular Posts