Monday, September 01, 2008

New Narita Express

The Narita Express, or N'EX, is one of my favourite trains. It was my first experience of Japan outside of the airport and it was always a welcome chance to relax after a long flight or the last minute rush of shopping that accompanies a final day in Tokyo.



Now I read that the current 253 series trains will be replaced by the new E259 series late in 2009. In most parts of the world the current trains would already be considered exceptional. I'm going to miss the original N'EX, on which I have travelled seven times. At least I will still have my little N-scale version running around the desk at home!

1 comment:

barrych said...

The Narita Express is one of my favourite trains too, my friend. It's comfortable, fast, reliable and quiet. Sadly, I never got a chance to ride on the older ones (253 series).

However, I took the newer trains (E259 series). It was very comfortable and I enjoyed it a lot.

Popular Posts