Thursday, October 22, 2009

A new home

We received word today that our offer on a new house has been accepted, so we'll be moving in the new year. Have to put our current house on the market.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. The new house is nice, but it's closer to the relies-in-law, so I hope it doesn't mean more interference in our lives. I like our current place, the sun in the mornings, the view from the study, the closeness to the shops, the library, the bus. Close to parks and bushwalks. I think I'll miss it a lot.

What I don't like is our noisy neighbours with way too many cars. But they won't live there forever. The new house also has a place for guests to stay that segregated from our living space.

I was hoping that our offer would be rejected. Then, at least, I would not be held responsible for the decision by those pushing for it. But they did agree and now my lazy summer will be spoiled by house inspections and paperwork. So I'm not the happiest person in the world right now.

No comments:

Popular Posts